TMJ Specialist Brisbane
Have you ever felt like your mouth is stuck opened or closed and your jaws don’t want to cooperate as it should? Or are you suffering from jaw joint pain? People are experiencing both issues, and if you are one of them, then it could be the sign of having temporomandibular joint pain (TMJ). We, at hashtagdentist, help you recover from the TMJ disorder providing the best treatments and facility of oral surgery.
How Do You Know When to Visit Our TMJ Treatment Centre Brisbane?
There are different symptoms of TMJ syndrome, which gives you an alert sign to visit the best TMJ treatment centre near you immediately. They are as follows: –
- Pain in your neck, shoulders, jaw joint area, face, and around the ear when you speak or chew.
- Popping and clicking sound in your jaw joint that occurs when you open or closes your mouth.
- Problem cause while chewing because of the upper and lower teeth not fitting together correctly.
- Puffiness on the side of your face.
Risk Factors When You Don’t Treat TMJ Syndrome at hashtagdentist
• Neck strain and irregularities in the functioning of jaw muscles
• Maximises jaw clenching and muscle tension problems
• Having other chronic inflammatory arthritis have a maximum risk
• Jaw trauma or poorly positioned teeth
• Risk to people with a genetic predisposition to pain sensitivity increases
Our TMJ Disorder Diagnostic Procedure
At hashtagdentist, our well-trained and experienced dental practitioner starts the TMJ examination process with a completed head neck evaluation. They will also look into your past medical history of trauma to the jaw or TMJ issues and verify your habits like grinding and clenching the teeth.
Once the examination procedure completes and temporomandibular disorder is diagnosed, we further test to determine the severity of the issue. From arthrogram, panorex x-ray, tomograms to magnetic resonance imaging, all are the diagnostic TMJ test that we consider as per the seriousness of your TMJ disorder.
We Guarantee to Treat Your TMJ Pain in The Best Way
If your TMJ syndrome symptoms are not so severe, then we suggest your medications, a splint or night guard, and other dental treatments including replacing missing teeth using crowns, bridges, or braces. In case, if these treatments don’t work, then we may suggest you for ultrasound therapy, trigger-point injections, radio wave therapy or low-level laser therapy.
However, in the extreme case in which oral splints or mouthguards don’t reduce the severity of your TMJ symptoms, then we suggest you to go for immediate oral surgery treatments. Below are the different oral surgeries for TMJ disorder, which our experts perform depending on the condition.
1. Arthrocentesis: We suggest this oral surgery when you don’t have any history of TMJ syndrome, but your jaws are locked. It is the minor procedure which our team of dentist perform in our TMJ treatment centre. They start the surgery by giving you general anaesthesia, then insert needles into the joint, and lastly wash it out. Using the latest equipment, our team removes damaged tissue or displace a disc stuck in the joint.
2. Arthroscopy: This type of oral surgery for TMJ disorder is also known as minimally invasive, which leaves a smaller scar and has very fewer complications. Our dental practitioner uses arthroscope while performing this surgery as it has a lens and light, which makes it easier to examine inside your joint. In the overall treatment, we aim to eliminate inflamed tissue or realign the disc or joint. It requires very less recovery time as compared to other significant operations.
3. Open-joint surgery: Looking at your TMJ disorder symptoms, it is possible that we don’t recommend arthroscopy. In this case, you may need this open-joint operation. Also, other reasons arise the need to opt for this surgery. Like you have tumours around the joint or the bony structures in your jaw joint is damaged. You might need more time to heal after open-joint surgery.
Our Advice for a Speedy Recovery from TMJ Oral Surgery
- Do not consume solid or crunchy food items as it can put a strain on your joints.
- Ensure to follow a liquid diet for a week and a soft food diet for almost three weeks.
- Do drink maximum glasses of water in a day after the temporomandibular joint pain oral surgery.
- Use ice packs or heating pads to the troubled area to reduce swelling.
- After oral surgery, make sure to cover up your bandage before going for a bath.
- Visit our TMJ treatment centre regularly for dressing process, which includes removal or replacement of bandages and applying antibiotic ointments.
- Wear a splint as suggested on your jaw all the times until we inform you to remove it.
Contact Us Now to Minimise Your Temporomandibular Joint Pain
Don’t tolerate your TMJ pain and increase the stress level. Instead, visit the hashtagdentist TMJ treatment centre and get the best medications and suggestions to cure your jaw joint pain. If you have any questions regarding our TMJ oral surgery or medications, then our friendly staff are happy to assist you. Contact us at (07) 3060 8424 or 0432 277 707
and get the best treatment for your TMJ disorders.